Wednesday, March 1, 2017
Like any other new tool, you will need to learn how to use Chalkola liquid chalk markers. They are a bit different from ordinary chalk but once you get started you’ll have a lot of fun with them. Here is how to prepare your chalk ink markers for the best results:
- Make sure that the marker tip (nib) fits tightly in the barrel of the marker.
- You don’t want the cap coming off unexpectedly so make certain that it is on tightly. It’s hard to wash liquid chalk out of clothing so you don’t want the caps to come off unexpectedly.
- You will need to shake each ink marker for about half a minute before using it. Just like paint, liquid chalk needs to be well mixed after it settles for awhile. Shaking it will insure that it’s well mixed and give your work the vivid colors you want.
- Have a piece of paper handy so that you can use it to draw the liquid chalk down through the marker into the nib. The nib needs to be saturated with liquid chalk to start the flow you need to work with. Depress the nib onto the paper until the nib is full of liquid. This may take as long as 30 seconds.
- Repeat these steps with each marker before you use it. This will insure that you get brilliant, well mixed colors.
Don’t forget that chalk markers are meant for non-porous chalkboards, windows, mirror, metals, and other non-porous surfaces.